Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Headed north to California

Monday, January 26, 2009 – sea day heading up to LA
Gray and cloudy and cold!! I tried to swim. I was the only nut out there. The waves were sloshing up high on the ends of the pool, the crew had their parkas on and I was in the pool! I was nuts. It was so cold!! I gave up after 15 minutes and headed back.

Worked all morning and connections to the internet were s l o w. And I mean s l o w. When it takes me 8 minutes to connect to one website, you appreciate dial-up! Just to get the home page!!! But anyway, work was done.

Sun came out after lunch and I enjoyed the passenger talent show – singers and piano playing. I did a really good exercise work out today and was dripping wet. Jane, my trainer, would be proud of me!! Worked again the stateroom; slightly rough seas; had a farewell dinner with two of our dinner-mates and saw Ami Abler play piano for the entertainment. Did laundry and got lint all over everything!! Yech. People are packing and their suitcases line the hallway as they plan to disembark tomorrow in LA to journey home --- into the snow and cold of the winter!!