Monday, March 23, 2009

Sea day in the South China Sea

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 – sea day in the South China sea, parallel to the coast of Malaysia (pity we don’t stop there!) – we are now 12 hours ahead of Delaware again

Wrote thank you letters, computer work, reviewed our onboard account bill from January 10th until today (!!!!!! – it is six pages long and we’re into the four digits now!!), attended another computer class on cameras and went to the book club review. I was glad I went to hear what the others thought about the book but I have not finished it yet! I am resolved to finish it soon.

We ordered room service and I took some time for myself. I sat out on the balcony and read and sat in the sun and ate my cheeseburger. Then I swam and sat out on the lounge chair and read and slept. It was absolutely perfect day with still waters, clear blue skies and low humidity and a hot sun. And it was quiet all around me. I swam laps again and dressed for dinner. Over 750 people leave the ship tomorrow so there is much activity onboard. Philip Hitchcock, from the UK, was the magician and he was excellent. He put himself in a huge yellow balloon and bounced around at the end (yes, he was inside the balloon!).