Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Bay of Bengal and sea day

Monday, March 23, 2009 – sea in the Bay of Bengal and south of Sri Lanka
Time change again – another hour back

Swam and it felt great. Sat in the sun and finished my book! After breakfast, attended two lectures – Cochin India, our next port of call – and Social Life in the White House during the Nixon Administration. Both were very interesting. We had a fun lunch with friends and there was a classical guitar recital by Carlos Bonell after that.

I met my English friend, Annette, in the hallway and she had terrible news. Her husband had a heart attack (they think even possibly two) last night. He was in the Medical Center, on the ship. And, the ship wants them to leave tomorrow in Cochin. They are devastated about it all. I believe it is a nightmare for all guests…having an attack and having to leave the ship…we hope he improves.

I had quite a few computer classes and country line dancing classes with her and we shared a nice dinner with them. Went to the fitness center, cleaned up the room and worked on my “photo labeling”. What a job! I have taken quite a few photos, as you can imagine, but without any order to them, they are an utter mess!!! They had a charity swimathon and five crew swam laps, raising over $1600!

Dinner ended with some political discussions so that was not as pleasant as we wished. The Royal Cunard Singers performed with the two orchestras to songs from the ‘60s. I worked on the computer up in the Commodore Club and it was great piano music. Nice to discover this room with the lively atmosphere conducive for my work!!!