Monday, March 2, 2009

March 2 - at sea

Monday, March 02, 2009 – at sea – sunny and brilliant day!
I felt great yesterday, but today my throat is sore and I sound terrible, I went to Dr. Peter Hawthorne, the Irish onboard doctor. I had no appointment and waited 15 minutes, and after $135, he told me my temperature was fine and my throat was sore. Like I didn’t know that. But anyway, he gave me medicine and I was on my way…but first I read the 1936 letter to passengers from the Social Hostess onboard Cunard’s Franconia. She went into explicit detail about the fabrics for the women’s and men’s clothing and how many dressy items to pack; very interesting!

We were invited to the Todd English restaurant for lunch with friends, and oh my goodness, did we eat a superb meal. Maine Crab cakes, lobster flatbread, seared salmon and sorbet and double lemon tart, all beautifully presented at a table by the sea. Wow.

Lunch lasted for 2.5 hours and then I met with other friends to figure out their day trips on the ports of call ahead of us. I enjoyed sitting on the balcony just before sunset and read the book for book club since I was told today, I am “not a nice person” as I have not returned the book yet! So I have to find time to read it quickly! Worked on files and did not go to dinner but I did go to the show tonight. John Christie, an Australian singer, gave a great singing and piano playing performance.