Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Monday - at sea on the way to Apia


Monday, February 2, 2009 – At sea en route to Apia, Western Samoa
Cloudy and rolling most of the day!
Nautical Terms: The ship rolled almost all day (side to side movement) and it was not pitching (lengthways up and down movements). It is amazing with the size of this ship that we still feel the rolling…I can only imagine the water in the pool today!

My drama class was first. Today I played an Olympic athlete whose sport was to open and close doors! Oh yes, doors. And I had a “trainer” being interviewed and testifying how he trained me to win this sport! It was good fun and good training but very silly!

Then country line dancing – we learned three or four dances. Quite an energetic group and there are so many people who show up for the dance classes.

Lunch with new friends from FL and then a classical piano concert by Adam Johnson. Missed the “Life and Career of Ingrid Bergman” and Professor Harvey Mann’s (photographer and writer) talk on “The Big Cat of Africa” and Dr. Paula Smith’s speech on “Captain Cook” (my idol!). Too much…way too much to choose from!!!!
Worked a while and then to the fitness center for my wonderful machines and was able to catch a re-play of a talk from yesterday on the elephants in Africa. Dinner and a juggling experience by “Edge” who has been on Jay Leno and Good Morning America. And still rolling as I head to bed!