Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day at sea - playing Hamlet!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 – at sea – beautifully sunny day!
Drama at 9 and we re-enacted HAMLET in a 2 minute sketch in the style of an Australian soap opera. It was not easy, but all in fun…Country line dancing and then computer work and lunch with friends (every time I say “friends”, I mean client friends. They are friends but they are also clients…). I do enjoy getting to know them on a personal basis. The drama team performed Valentine poems and sonnets to the accompaniment of the harp in the Queens Room – very nice touch!

Gorgeous day outside but more work to do. Then I had to make time for the fitness room and decided to end with a swim since I was so sweaty and it was so gorgeous outside! Dressed for semi-formal tonight and I had three desserts! Terrible!! But only once! Never again…
Tried to get some computer work done but I kept meeting people to talk to along the corridor to the computer room…so I had only about 15 minutes left before the show. We saw Bettine Clemens play her flute as she showed movies of her playing to the animals around the world – the elephants in Sri Lanka, the penguins in Argentina, the lions in Africa, the monkeys in the zoo….Then the comedy of John Evans and then the opera singing of Anthony Stuart Lloyd. Finished off the information packs for our tour tomorrow in Auckland.