Sunday, March 25, 2012

Departure day

I’ve packed so little for this trip that I honestly find it hard to believe it can be done! I refuse to pay baggage fees to American so I am doing carryon from PHL to Miami.

The flight went well, if you consider sitting in front of a family of four in three seats – two adults and one 18 months and one under 3 years old. You have to give them credit for traveling – their nerves were shot also. But I concentrated on my book and music – there was even a movie/TV show. It’s been a few months since I’ve flown so some of the events seemed like I was doing them for the first time!

We’re at the Residence Inn Miami Airport South – love it. Free shuttle from airport. Breakfast included. Two rooms with full kitchen. Desk for working. Fitness room, free internet, fresh oj and apple juice, view of the planes arriving to Miami airport, nice front desk personnel and if you stay during the week, they even had dinner and drinks!!