Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Oct 18 - homeward bound from Bucharest




Up at 4AM, it really did not matter the weather. We were on our way to the airport; checked in with British Air and a Romanian woman attached herself to us so she could find the flight to London. Off we flew at 8:30 for the 3.5 hour flight to London. We had a four hour wait there and boarded American Air to Dallas. L O N G flight, especially when you know you are going past your destination! Ate, movies, ate, slept, read…the cycle continues.


What an interesting river cruise and corner of the world. I now understand more clearly the history of the region and feel I know more about my grandparents, who both died before I was 8 years old. It is a beautiful region and I hope to return to explore more on land and to include Montenegro and the Croatian coast.