Monday, December 27, 2010

Bermuda in September -- 2010!





It has been an exciting year and I have not kept up the blog as much as I would have liked. BUT…My friend/owner of Preferred Travel, was married on September 23 in Nassau Bahamas, even though my Father and I signed up to host the trip which was billed as a cruise to Bermuda! Hurricane Igor got in the way and we ended up going south on Holland America’s VEENDAM. Joyce was a beautiful bride and Dad and I had a great time with our group of 29, including some close friends from Newark!
The ship stopped in Charleston and we toured the USS Yorktown battleship where they have a monument dedicated to all veterans wounded in our wars. My Dad is a Purple Heart recipient and is President of the local chapter this year. Then we stopped for a day in Disney and you can see Jeff and Joyce with their Disney wedding ears which they wore for the rehearsal dinner! And after re-routing the pastor, the wedding turned out lovely on the beach at the Sheraton Nassau Beach hotel.